Our client, a leading FE College in Berkshire, is urgently seeking a qualified Careers Adviser for 3 days per week for the remainder of the academic year.
You must have a minimum of Level 4 qualification and Further Education experience in order to apply.
The job purpose is:
• To deliver an exceptional customer experience that raises the reputation of the client and sets it apart from other providers
• To contribute to the development and delivery of a pioneering careers service that impacts positively on progression outcomes and internal ‘right student, right course’ targets
• To provide high quality impartial careers information, advice and guidance to external clients, prospective students, applicants and current students, through a variety of media and events, enabling them to make well informed and realistic course pathway and career choices
• To support the drive to strengthen and grow the relationships and frequency of engagement with employers across the group
• To provide external clients, students and colleagues with up-to-date information on the local, national and international labour market
• To train other group admissions advisers to Level 2/3 advice and guidance
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To deliver a flexible and responsive careers service for external clients, students and potential students, providing impartial advice and guidance on progression opportunities via 1-1 sessions, events, group sessions as well as via digital methods (podcasts, webinars, website content).
• To support the ‘right student, right course’ targets by providing IAG and events for prospective students, students and their parents.
• To attract and engage a growing number of students using a range of communication methods (including social media).
• To play a significant role in the development of students’ employability skills by working with colleagues to embed opportunities for the development employability skills in the curriculum including via ‘Pass it on’ intiative and in other student activities such as volunteering, work experience, enrichment activities.
• To gather, develop, display and disseminate information on careers, employers, recruitment events and further study and training opportunities using media.
• To analyse and develop up-to-date group sessions that include relevant Labour Market Information; use this knowledge to inform and enhance own professional practice and to share with colleagues and students.
• To support the delivery of processes that ensures every college student has a progression plan, an intended destination tracked and a positive progression outcome.
You must have a DBS within 12 months or on the update service in order to apply.
Please email current CV to Suzanne@maze8.co.uk for consideration
To apply for this job please complete the following form: