Our client is urgently seeking a Careers Consultant to work in a busy FE College in Oxfordshire.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To deliver an exceptional customer experience that raises the reputation of the Client and sets it apart from other providers
• To contribute to the development and delivery of The Client, a pioneering careers service that impacts positively on progression outcomes and internal ‘right student, right course’ targets
• To provide high quality impartial careers information, advice and guidance to external clients via the National Careers Service and to schools, prospective students, applicants and current students, through a variety of media and events, enabling them to make well informed and realistic course pathway and career choices
• To support the drive to strengthen and grow the relationships and frequency of engagement with employers across the group
• To provide external clients, students and colleagues with up-to-date information on the local, national and international labour market
• To deliver a flexible and responsive careers service for external clients incl. within schools, students and potential students, providing impartial advice and guidance on progression opportunities via 1-1 sessions, events, group sessions as well as via digital methods (podcasts, webinars, website content).
• Delivery of IAG for the National Careers Service contract within colleges.
• To support the group’s ‘right student, right course’ targets by providing IAG and events for prospective students, students and their parents.
• To attract and engage a growing number of students into the College using a range of communication methods (including social media).
• To play a significant role in the development of students’ employability skills by working with colleagues to embed opportunities for the development employability skills in the curriculum and in other student activities such as volunteering, work experience, enrichment activities.
• To gather, develop, display and disseminate information on careers, employers, recruitment events and further study and training opportunities using media.
• To analyse and develop up-to-date group sessions that include relevant Labour Market Information; use this knowledge to inform and enhance own professional practice and to share with colleagues and students.
• To support the delivery of processes that ensures every college student has a progression plan, an intended destination tracked and a positive progression outcome.
• To play a key role in the annual cross-college destinations exercise to gathering information on progression outcomes.
• To ensure the smooth operation of the UCAS application process; liaise with UCAS and support teaching staff and students with information, advice and guidance.
• To be lead on producing and delivering outcome reports on all activities and interventions (e.g. destinations/ progressions, including the Employment Shop)
• To train and assess group admission advisers to Level 2/3 advice and guidance
• To evaluate and report on the team’s performance against service standards and provide the evidence required to maintain Matrix accreditation.
You will need a minimum of Level 6 Careers Guidance, QCG, DipCG to apply
You will need a DBS within 12 months or on the update service to apply. Please email CV to Suzanne@maze8.co.uk
To apply for this job please complete the following form: