Our client, a provider of FE services in South West London is urgently seeking a Careers & Guidance Support Officer.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To provide impartial and accurate course information and financial support guidance to both internal and external College customers consistent with IAG standards.
- To improve recruitment, retention and achievement through the provision of information and advice in a timely and professional manner.
- To work closely with the Careers & Schools Liaison Team to support events, progression, UCAS and careers activities both internally and externally.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Providing accurate course information to students, prospective students and other stakeholders.
- Responding to enquires from services users and work colleagues to ensure that information provided is creative, relevant, meets a variety of needs and is personalised to the individual.
- Assisting with the process of developing, organising, maintaining and storing of accurate and user-friendly information and guidance. This needs to be in a variety of formats which enables access and retrieval both on site and remotely.
- Actively promoting and marketing the services to internal as well as external students and staff to ensure service provision is highly visible, valued and easily and readily accessible.
- Developing the service proactively to meet user needs through innovative and new solutions. Support in the evaluation and continued improvement of these services.
- Working in partnership with the curriculum teams to ensure appropriate and up-to-date course information is collected and utilised by the Careers and Schools Liaison team and can be shared with students, prospective students and other stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with the Careers & Schools Liaison team to deliver careers and recruitment events which will include some evening and weekend work.
- Take an active role in ensuring the College is able to meet the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks by taking the lead for 1 of those Benchmarks.
- Working proactively with the Admissions and Enrolment Team to ensure a seamless and supported service for students.
- Responding to enquiries from prospective students in a professional manner at all times and ensure data is accurately recorded on MIS systems at point of enquiry.
- Providing basic information on UCAS application process and HE funding.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of the college, curriculum and support services to respond appropriately to requests for information and enquiries.
- Collecting intended and actual destination data, recording it appropriately and sign posting customer to support where needed.
- Maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality at all times and deal empathetically with customers, students, parents and guardians.
- Participating in a duty officer rota, which will include some evening and weekend work, to ensure the college provides an accessible service to all students.
- Assisting with on and off site student recruitment and marketing activities as required including supporting school liaison activities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records including the provision of statistics and analysis on effectiveness of provision.
- Assist with general administration, data entry and reception duties within the Department as required.
- Lead, promote and support the development of the College’s Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices as they relate to students and staff.
- Develop effective contact, liaison and working relationships with colleagues in the College and other bodies as appropriate.
- Support the development of the learning organisation and facilitate cultural change.
- To engage in professional development and networking to ensure that professional and strategic contributions are up-to-date.
- Complying with the College Health and Safety Policy and all relevant health and safety requirements.
- Participating actively in the performance management scheme, agreeing objectives, attending reviews and undertaking professional development as required.
- All employees are expected to be fully committed to policies and processes on equality, diversity and safeguarding.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder.
- This list is not exhaustive and is only an indication of responsibilities.
You will need an up to date DBS within 12 months or on the update service to apply and be available immediately.
You must have IAG Level 3 as a minimum and experience of advising students within college.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: