Our client, an FE College in London, is seeking a Part Time Child Protection and Adults at Risk Officer who is knowledgeable of the Keeping Children Safe in Education and Prevent duty.
The main purpose of the job is:
To work with the Safeguarding, Child Protection and Adults at Risk Manager to promote, monitor, review the College Safeguarding, Child Protection and Adults at Risk policy and associated procedures.
To act as a Child Protection and Adult at Risk Officer
To support the management of the Child Protection and Adults at Risk helpline, liaising with the police, social workers, students, staff and parents, attending case conferences and managing the tracking of cases through a log
To collate key information from the database to form the basis of reports to Children, Young People and Adult Service Teams, Senior Management, Governors and external agencies
To identify Safeguarding training requirements of all staff across the College and work with the Learning Team to record training undertaken
This is a new post and there may be other tasks identified, as required, that would be commensurate with the grading of the post.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist the Safeguarding, Child Protection and Adults at Risk Manager to produce, monitor, review and promote the College’s Safeguarding strategy, policy and associated procedures
2. To act as a Child Protection and Adult at Risk officer with a given case load
3. To provide effective management, co-ordination and development of the College’s safeguarding procedures for children, young people and adults at risk, including monitoring, reporting and driving performance improvement across services
4. To research best practice in safeguarding and ensure that the College’s policies and procedures remain fit for purpose
5. To keep abreast of emerging national priorities and legislation and ensure that any changes are reported to the Safeguarding, Child Protection and Adults at Risk Manager in order that work practices are amended accordingly to enable the College to fulfil its safeguarding duties
6. Through personal example, promote the College’s vision, values, policies and priorities and ensure a positive approach to valuing diversity, resulting in equality of opportunity, access and treatment in service delivery, employment and external communication
7. To monitor and regularly review the safeguarding section on the College’s intranet site including the supporting documents and essential forms under the guidance of the Child Protection and Adults at Risk Manager
8. To identify the safeguarding training level requirements for all staff across the College and work with Child Protection and Adults at Risks Manager and the Learning Team to record these for all posts
9. To work with the Child Protection and Adults at Risk Manager to ensure that all staff undertake mandatory training of the Prevent Duty at all levels
10. To ensure that staff undertake supplementary safeguarding training courses in line with their role, such as: Information Sharing, ‘Honour’ Based Abuse, Domestic Abuse and Child Sexual Exploitation, and to make recommendations to identify where internal training should be developed
11. To support the management of the Child Protection and Adults at risk Helpline
12. Assist with giving direction and guidance to staff in respect of safeguarding concerns and to complete referral as and when required
13. To attend case conferences as and when required
14. To monitor and support the College’s Looked After Children
15. Assist with ensuring that all safeguarding records are held confidentially on the College database system in line with College Data Protection policy and that this system is regularly monitored and reviewed with ICT to ensure that the maximum security
16. Assist in preparing and providing safeguarding reports for presentation to the College Safeguarding Strategy Group and SMT where required
17. Deputise as required for the Child Protection and Adults at Risk Manager in respect of representation at internal or external meetings
You MUST have a DBS within 12 months or on the update service in order to apply.
You must be able to provide evidence of Safeguarding training at minimum Level 4 and have excellent IT skills, along with experience of liaising with Children’s Services professionals.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: