Our client, a leading provider of FE services in South West London is urgently seeking a Careers Adviser to provide careers education and guidance to customers.
You will be preparing and supporting students in developing skills that increase employability and progression opportunities and developing careers resources including on-line resources for tutors and students.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Provide impartial careers and educational guidance to existing and potential students of the College on entry, on programme and at exit through 1-1’s and workshops.
- Offer workshops and tutorials on relevant employability and progression skills e.g. Interviewing, CV writing etc
- Proactively support those students who are undecided about their intended destination
- Develop a comprehensive and differentiated CEG programme for students, including developing materials and resources (with a particular focus on VLE, on-line and e: resources) and train teaching staff in how to use them effectively.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff and students on completing UCAS applications including information on tuition fees, loans references and personal statements. Administer the UCAS System.
- Work proactively with IAG staff and the Work Experience Team to ensure consistent provision of high quality advice and guidance on employability.
- Actively promote the services that are offered by the Careers, Advice and Guidance Team. Support in the evaluation and continued improvement of these services.
- Maintain a professional knowledge of current job trends, markets and opportunities, higher education and Government initiatives including visits as appropriate.
- Undertake research and studies relating to the careers choices of students as necessary.
- Organise a programme of campus based careers events that promote progression and employment opportunities, such as HE parents information evening, Careers Fairs, Recruitment Fairs, employer talks.
- Support the Head of Careers, Advice and Guidance in maintaining high standards of IAG including active involvement in Matrix, Investors in Careers and other quality standards accreditation.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of financial support mechanisms ensuring this information is shared with customers and used to inform financial support policy.
- Maintain records of interviews and guidance including collating and providing statistics and analysis on effectiveness of provision.
- Participate in the staffing of enrolment, open days and other cross-college functions and duty rotas, including on and off site student and employer recruitment and marketing activities.
You will require the minimum Level 6 qualification in Careers Guidance, for example Diploma in Careers Guidance or NVQ Level 4 IAG plus the Level 6 mini award.
You must have –
- Significant experience of providing 1-1 careers guidance to people of different abilities and needs
- Significant experience of delivering careers education activities to groups of young people
- Delivery of training to peers and staff in guidance and related fields
- Experience of working with employers to support customers into employment
- Working in a multi-agency way to get the best outcome for the customer
The rate of pay is £16-17 per hour Ltd, PAYE available and this is a full time role until the end of April in the first instance with an immediate start.
Please send current CV for consideration.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: