Our Client is a leading Housing Society who provides housing and related services to homeless young people. They are urgently recruiting for this position, in addition to this role the benefits are 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Free Gym Membership and a standard Pension Scheme.
The housekeeping supervisor will primarily be responsible for:
- Overseeing and carrying the daily servicing of bathrooms/showers/toilets as well as communal areas
- Assign workers their duties and inspect work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness
- Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and take corrective action
- To work alongside the maintenance supervisor to clean and process ready voids
- Coordinating work activities among departments
- Conduct and set up the relevant compulsory training (COSH and IOSH)
- Ensure that the correct policies and work procedures are met and to demonstrate the use and maintenance of cleaning equipment
- Keep an inventory of stock to ensure adequate supplies are available
- Making recommendations to improve service and ensure a more efficient operation
- Retain and process any paperwork regarding deliveries of cleaning materials
- To ensure the refuge and recycling area is kept in an orderly fashion
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons complaints.
- Issue supplies and equipment to cleaning staff
- Establish standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, prepares periodic reports.
In addition to this the housekeeping supervisor will, when required, to be expected to carry out normal housekeeping duties.
- High standards of cleanliness
- Experience of staff supervision
- Experience of cleaning in different conditions.
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- The ability to train staff in safe working practises
- The ability to work using own initiative
- A logical, thorough, and flexible approach to his/her work
- The ability to priorities tasks under pressure
- The ability to work as part of a team but also lead the team
The Housekeeping Supervisor will report to the PSM (property services manager) for line management.
To apply please email your C.V. or call Maria 01924 498184 for more details
To apply for this job please complete the following form: