Our client a leading provider of FE services in Wiltshire is urgently seeking an interim Careers Adviser for 6-9 months, for four days per week.
The key purpose of the role is:
1. To work under the direction of the Careers Education and Guidance Manager to provide an all age high quality impartial information, advice and guidance service to both prospective and current students and adults seeking advice through the National Careers Service
2. Manage the online UCAS application process to ensure that timely applications are sent, supporting students and staff through the process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To provide impartial advice and guidance regarding learning, training and employment opportunities, their availability and means of accessing them and help overcome barriers.
2. To provide support to individuals to enable them explore career opportunities and to research education, training and employment opportunities.
3. To support individuals to enable them to make decisions regarding the appropriate opportunities available to them.
4. To refer students to internal and external providers where specialist support is needed.
5. To act, where necessary, in a canvassing/advocacy role with providers of learning/training opportunities.
6. To work with the wider careers team and Student Services to devise activities and arrange visits which support career exploration, career planning and the tutorial programme.
7. To deliver group work with students on a variety of topics, eg career planning, CV writing, Higher Education progression, confidence building, employability skills etc.
8. To work with the Business and Student Support & Engagement teams to ensure that the College achieves and maintains the Matrix standard for Information, Advice and Guidance
1. Work specifically with applicants and students studying Level 3 and higher education programmes and offer support at key points of application, induction, and transition.
2. To deliver group work sessions and presentations on researching and applying for higher education programmes through UCAS and manage UCAS Apply to ensure that references are added and applications sent in a timely manner.
3. To deliver group work sessions and presentations on all aspects of careers education including understanding of labour market information (LMI) and employability skills.
4. Work with local partners including HEI’s, employer, training providers and charities to enhance the careers education programme.
5. Provide support, training and guidance to tutorial staff in the delivery of the tutorial system.
6. Offer universal guidance to all members of the college community
7. Use computer aided guidance packages, skills assessment tools and personal inventories to aid the delivery of CEIAG.
8. To assist individuals with the creation of action plans which identify short and long term goals and provide support in the achievement of these goals.
9. Working within Student Services, offer support with personal development and reduce the risk of students becoming NEET by providing timely support which is motivating and encouraging.
10. Support the Student Services team with following up on student destinations and offering support to those with no clear plans.
11. Keep accurate records of all work undertaken using both College IS systems and the NCS CRM to accurately record interactions with and tracking of clients and collection of feedback
12. To work flexibly including attending College open days, Information & Advice events and school events in the evening or Saturdays.
13. To travel and work away from the prescribed normal base campus when required.
The full time annual equivalent salary is £23,730 pro rata and the role is 0.8
You will need a DBS within 12 months or on the update service in order to apply. Please email current CV to Suzanne@maze8.co.uk for consideration.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: