Our client is a leading provider of Mental Health Services across London boroughs and is seeking a Mental Health Keyworker.
The key aims of the integrated mental health day & outreach service are to:
- Enable residents to avoid, and in particular to reduce the need for, prolonged hospital admissions and long term dependency on mental health services.
- To promote recovery and prevent social exclusion among service users with mental health support needs
- Improve each service user’s quality of life including promoting, supporting and maintaining independent living
- Provide relevant support in accordance to the service user’s needs through the use of the risk and support planning process.
- Supporting service users to develop skills required for independent living and address their broader needs by enabling access to other support and advice services
- Encourage and promote a multi-agency approach of working to ensure the needs of the service users are met to a high quality which will include working in partnership with a range of care and support agencies within a support planning framework.
- Work in partnership with other agencies to provide support for people with mental health needs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To be responsible for the support and well-being of a group of key service users allocated from across the team using holistic, person-centred support planning with SMART targets and the recovery star using the recovery approach to enable them to increase independence, maintain their accommodation and enjoy a good quality of life.
- To visit service users for support sessions within their homes or appropriate community locations.
- To devise effective interventions for service users who are ‘hard to engage’.
- To enable the service users to access medical services and the local community mainstream services.
- To ensure that allocated service users have a needs & risk assessment and SMART support plan; which are reviewed at agreed frequencies.
- To minimise unplanned and emergency hospital admissions for mental health relapse. To formulate, implement and review support plans with service users and associated professional participation.
- To liaise effectively with other agencies involved in the support of service users where appropriate.
- To encourage users to have on-going engagement with existing networks including faith based groups and informal sources of support.
- To provide information and advice on benefits, housing and welfare issues to service users.
- To facilitate access to self-management programmes
- To build strong links with community organisations and work with them to support wider engagement with service users.
- To work with universal services to ensure users have access to appropriate community based facilities, promoting community cohesion.
- To assist the Activities & Outreach Team Leader to develop strong working partnerships with local providers particularly within universal and mental health service settings.
- To support users in accessing mental health resources, enabling access to opportunities for recovery and rehabilitation and community capacity building.
- To assist the Activities & Outreach Team Leader to develop effective working partnerships with Faith Groups, Leisure Providers, Colleges, Employers and Employment Organisations.
- To work with the Activities & Outreach Team Leader to review the social inclusion progress of the service users addressing equality and diversity issues for Black and minority ethnic communities or for people who identify as lesbian, gay or transgender.
- To promote positive attitudes in public services and in the local community by providing information and talks to raise awareness of mental health issues.
- To work with the Activities & Outreach Team Leader to devise a strategic plan to engage difficult to engage and hidden users, developing meaningful services that are based around genuine needs and goals.
- Ensuring confidentiality is kept at all times.
You must have experience of working with adults with severe mental health issues in order to apply for this role. You must also have a DBS within 12 months or on the update service in order to apply.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: