Adult Care/Health and Clinical Care Curriculum Manager
Salary up to £35,000 per annum negotiable
Our client is a north London based NCFE/C.A.C.H.E., OCR, Highfield, OCN and Active IQ accredited learning provider, offering both funded and unfunded programmes of learning in Employability, Functional Skills English & Maths, Business & Management, Childcare, Adult Care and Sports & Fitness. They are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and experienced curriculum manager for their adult care/health and social care curriculum.
- Responsible for retention, achievement and positive progression rates for the identified courses.
- Deliver up to level 5 adult care apprenticeships, including some classroom delivery
- Maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team.
- Develop new modules, units and course
- Responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans and ensure these are in place for all the course(s) teaching activity.
Help to ensure all team members maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- Motivate and inspire clients to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable a. progression.
- Develop and adapt curriculum delivery with the course team to maximise its effectiveness
- Be responsible for recording progress and meeting individual and group learner targets.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities and ensure work is assessed with constructive and timely feedback provided that motivates and inspires clients to improve and achieve.
- Market courses and provide high quality IAG (including full participation in open days, transition activity, enrolment and induction).
- Carry out internal verification/moderation
- Line management of staff
- A relevant teaching and/or assessment qualification.
- A quality assurance qualification such as V1 or similar.
- Occupational expertise in health or clinical care.
- Experience of delivering a range of training solutions to the health/clinical care sector, including Apprenticeship Standards.
Occupational expertise in health or clinical care.
Experience of delivering a range of training solutions to the health/clinical care sector, including Apprenticeship Standards.
Experience of developing innovative curriculum and content.
Experience of managing delivery of Apprenticeships and other funded programmes.
A proven track record of effective business relationship management; high satisfaction levels and repeat business.
Experience of managing quality assurance and improvement.
Effective communication skills; written and verbal.
English GCSE grade C or equivalent or higher.
A relevant teaching and/or assessment qualification.
A quality assurance qualification such as V1 or similar.
Positive mindset – can do attitude.
Occupational expertise in health and clinical care.
Experience of leading and managing the end-to-end process of a sector within work-based learning.
A proven track record of positive impact of support at new business pitches, resulting in wins.
Experience of managing the delivery of additional learning support.
Experience of managing functional skills delivery.
Experience of ESFA audit, funding rules and compliance.
A management qualification at level 5 or higher.
Home location within 15 miles of the office.