Our client, a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company working across the U.K and Ireland, are seeking to appoint two H.V commissioning engineers to cover the Republic of Ireland on a permanent basis.
- Commission primary, secondary and ancillary plant forming part of the transmission system
- Commission testing of instrument and power transformers as well as HV GIS switchgear
- Commission testing of protection relays using Omicron test equipment
- Maintain test records and collate test results for incorporation into H&S files for projects
- Work through schematics, cubicle wiring and functional testing
- Attend regular project meetings with client and project manager, and address actions arising
- Assess site safety prior to engaging in commissioning activities
- Contribute to the development of method statements and risk assessments to cover commissioning work activities.
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold relevant qualifications, such as an HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Have knowledge of commissioning substations up to 400kV
- Be experienced in supplier protection equipment such as ABB, Siemens and Toshiba
- Have experience of Station Digital Control Systems (SCS)
- Have knowledge of typical protection philosophies as applied to transmission systems.
- Join a company with an emphasis on career development
- Salary circa €60,000 – €80,000.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: