Specialist Education, Youth, Mental Health and Employability recruiters
APM/Agile Project Management trainer / coach
Pay rate £35 per hour teaching / £20 per hour administration (PAYE)
Full time 9am – 5.30pm
6 months duration
Our client is seeking a keen and committed Project Management trainer with a strong Prince 2 Practitioner background. The ideal candidate will lead, develop and deliver high quality project management and APM curriculum/Agile project cycle to apprentices. This will be through classroom, online training sessions and coaching in the work place to our Associate Project Manager apprentices across England.
The successful candidate will be a level 4 or above Project Management specialist to start as soon as possible. The most important skills and qualifications are the APM/IPMA Level D Project Management.
Successful achievement and progress of apprentices on level 4 Project Management programmes
• Effectively train and coach apprentices through the level 4 Associate project manager programme so that they develop the understanding, skills, knowledge, behaviours and technical competencies required to be successful in their working role.
• Provide, deliver and record highly effective off the job training that supports apprentices understanding, and knowledge to enable them to progress and achieve.
• Provide high quality and effective coaching in the work place that enables apprentices to meet all the requirements of the standard, through effective target setting and review.
• Deliver high quality curriculum including specialist qualifications such as Agile Project cycle/APM.
• Develop high quality learning resources, to include schemes of work and sessions plans for use in the workplace, on line and or classroom.
• Accurately track and monitor the progress of each apprentice against all aspects of their apprenticeship using an on-line portfolio tool.
• Provide high quality induction processes that enable each apprentice to have a comprehensive understanding of their apprenticeship programme, prevent, safeguarding, health and safety and equality and diversity.
• Develop and record effective and high-quality individual learning plans that clearly outline key targets and how understanding, competencies, skills and behaviours will be covered and achieved.
• Use and record progress reviews effectively, to ensure apprentices are on track and employers are well aware of the progress being made.
• Ensure all work and assignments give apprentices the opportunities to reach the highest grades and that work submitted is marked in the expected time frames and gives incisive and constructive feedback so apprentices are very clear on the areas they need to improve.
• Liaise with the Intervention officer to ensure that apprentices with extra support requirements have timely access to them.
• Liaise with the Functional Skills Trainer to ensure that apprentices are on track to achieve maths, English and ICT (where applicable).
• Effectively promote and contribute to creating a culture of safeguarding within DSS.
• Work with the relevant account manager to inform any concerns with the apprentice or the employer that could put progress being made at risk
• Give guidance and support to apprentices in gathering evidence for their Summative Portfolio.
• Effectively guide and support apprentices in completing their Synoptic Projects
• Support the end point assessment (EPA) through confirmation of the apprentice’s readiness for Gateway.
• To contribute to the overall DSS and apprenticeship quality improvement plans and key performance indicators.
Extensive experience in Agile Project Management in the industry
A background in education/training and or a qualified assessor or trainer
Degree in Business Management
Prince 2 Practitioner – current
Level 2 English and Maths
A minimum level 3 teaching qualification
Assessing, Coaching Qualification (CAVA)
Membership of professional bodies such as APM
Knowledge and experience
Occupationally competent and experienced in agile project cycle/project management
Strong experience working with various stakeholders in managing deliverables in a project cycle
Experience of delivering training
An understanding of apprenticeship delivery
Experience in coaching apprentices or training in or out of the workplace
Experience in delivering occupational skills
Experience of teaching in an education setting
Experience in developing delivery plans, schemes of work and resources
Experience of working with on line portfolio systems such as Smart Assessor
Knowledge of quality assurance, qualifications and risk assessments.
Familiar with safeguarding and relevant procedures
Please email current CV to Suzanne@maze8.co.uk for consideration
To apply for this job please complete the following form: