£8.21 per hour
Are you looking for a role working with heritage documents? Our client, a company providing document scanning and filming services is seeking a heritage material controller for an ongoing temporary position. This entry level position would give the right candidate experience of archiving and working with heritage documents.
- Checking heritage material in and out.
- Head of Heritage Material / Production Manager
- Checking heritage material in and out
- Reporting to heritage scanning team leader
- Inspect all content of heritage material received
- Match crate manifest information with Master Manifest
- Help locate barcodes unidentified by Conservation Manager/Collections Consultant and their team
- Updating Master spreadsheet with accepted work
- Assess material to indicate the appropriate scanner on which items will be digitised
- To update MFI/IDI project spreadsheet and ensure it correlates with all working documents
- Checking the contents of the crate and repackaging for return to customer
- Crate all working documents for scanner operatives/QC
- Ensuring all heritage material is handled to the Conservation Managers guidelines.
The ideal candidate should have
- A keen eye for detail
- Patience, and an understanding of the requirements of handling and archiving heritage documents
A background in history, libraries or archiving would be advantageous.
Pay rate: £8.21 per hour
Hours of work: 3pm – 8pm
Location: East Ardsley, Wakefield (WF3)
To apply for this job please complete the following form: