Permanent role – £50,000 win rate 66%, Win bonus 0.25%
Our client, a leading provider of adult social care qualifications is pleased to announce the introduction of the new role of Bid Writer. The Bid Writer is a pivotal role as part of their growth plans for 2021/22 and beyond. The main purpose of the role is to identify suitable funded and commercial opportunities for them to bid for and to take the leading end-to-end role with the bid writing and submission process. The purpose is to win suitable bids and tenders that will support business growth and are aligned to our strategy. The role will involve working with other team members to gather information, obtain advice and get support with the aspects of quality assurance prior to submission.
Ideally the role holder will live close enough to the office to be able easily access it to gather information and meet colleagues. However, we understand that this type of role is best served as a home worker role, where there are fewer distractions. Our priority is to get the right person in the Bid Writer role and as such we will put that before the consideration of their home location.
The role holder will have accountability for:
- Registering on all suitable platforms to gain notifications and access to new bids and tenders.
- Completing any prerequisite information required to be considered for available bids and tenders.
- Working with the Managing Director and Sales manager to agree priorities and which bids to focus on.
- Complete expressions of interest to meet the requirements and move to the next stage.
- Collating useful internal information and documents for frequent use with bids and tenders; ensuring these are always up to date.
- Identifying gaps in policies and procedures and inform the Head of Operations and Quality.
- Completing bids and tenders using tried and tested methods, including the support of personnel for proof reading, sense check and content coverage.
- Setting up, maintaining and managing a tracking system that you can report updates and success rates from.
- Working collaboratively across the business to generate new ideas.
- Using networks and research to identify potential sectors in high demand with skills gaps and bring to the attention of the Sales Manager.
- Attending sector training and briefing sessions.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Proven track record of writing successful bids and tenders.
- Experience of populating contract profile sheets.
- A good understanding of how to present data to showcase performance.
- A self-starter, ability to work on own initiative.
- Exceptionally organised.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of managing the bid and tender process; allocating roles such as proof-readers.
- An understanding of Apprenticeships and work-based learning.
- Effective communication skills; written and verbal.
- English GCSE grade C or equivalent or higher.
- Positive mindset – can do attitude.
- Project management qualification.
- Experience of working with ESFA funding.
- Experience of working the other Government funding.
- Home location within 15 miles of the office.
Applications from candidates who meet the essential only criteria will be considered, this role is subject to an enhanced DBS.
Please email current CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job please complete the following form: