Specialist recruiters in Careers Guidance, Employability, Mental Health, Further Education, Schools
CAREERS ADVISER – NORTH WEST
Permanent role, Careers Adviser, minimum IAG Level 4 required
Up to £24,000 annual salary
Our client, a leading provider of careers services across the region, is seeking several careers advisers on a permanent basis. There are full and part time opportunities for the right candidates.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure customers receive a multi-channel National Careers Service (NCS) offer, personalised to meet individual needs, to develop career management skills, encourage independence and lead to sustained learning and job outcomes.
- Manage a wide range of customers by caseload to achieve targets, specifically sustained employment or sustained learning.
- Utilise labour market information and employer links in order to support customers to achieve required outcomes for sustained employment.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key partners and agencies in order to generate a flow of eligible and appropriate new customers.
- Receive referrals of new customers from partners or via the telephone and internet NCS Gateway, and carry out an assessment of need, identifying the type and level of support required.
- Deliver personalised support to customers via appropriate channels including through social media, email, telephone, SMS, group workshops, face to face sessions and webinars. The provision is ‘digital by default’.
- Produce a high quality action plan for each customer and ensure levels of service in initial interactions achieve customer satisfaction.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate group sessions for appropriate customers, including webinars.
- Work proactively with colleagues (National Careers Service Assistants) to maximise the tracking of customer outcomes and ease the evidence generation process.
- Carry out associated administration work including report writing, usage of CRM system, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and the audit and review of own records.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the National Service Standards and ensure delivery exceeds minimum Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and Matrix standards.
- Take part in observations, assess own delivery, and act on feedback, including undertaking CPD.
- Work across multiple sites in Greater Manchester as required.
- Adults aged 19; Jobcentre Plus, FE Colleges and learning providers; Employers; specialist providers; Colleagues within the organisation; Probation Service; providers of support for offenders and ex-offenders.
IAG Level 4 minimum Careers Guidance
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of outcomes for NCS customers.
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions to at least Grade 2 standard.
- Ability to use digital channels and platforms in the delivery of information or advice and guidance. This includes the usage of specific online tools and websites; text (SMS); email; Skype; Facebook; Twitter and other relevant social media channels.
- Ability to deliver effective IAG on the telephone.
- Ability to deliver or support group sessions.
- Recent experience of delivering job or learning outcomes in a target driven environment.
- Experience of proactively using a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM).
- Experience of managing a caseload of customers for whom specific outcomes are achieved in a guidance, skills or welfare to work setting.
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market – routes into the labour market and knowledge of progression routes including knowledge of local education, training and specialist service provision.
- Knowledge of Matrix and Ofsted standards and the application of these in a Careers IAG environment.
- A warm, approachable style to delivery is required in order to build relationships and rapport.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply company values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, Empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success
To apply for this job please complete the following form: