Our client, a provider of DWP employment services, is urgently seeking an IAG Adviser/Careers Coach for East London to support adults in the borough back into work. You would ideally have IAG 3 but more so experience of getting adults back into work or training.
The role of Careers Coach is part time 3 days per week until January then reduces to 2 days per week until the end of March 2020.
DBS within 12 months or on update service essential
• The Career Coach will promote the client’s DWP employment programmes to stakeholders and potential participants by conducting outreach, attending local community events, organising information sessions, maintaining relationships with local authorities, jobcentre plus, voluntary sector organisations and community groups to generate referrals.
• To support participants by identifying their skills, strengths, barriers to progression in employment, areas of development, training needs and in work support requirements.
• To support, prepare and assist participants to progress in employment through increasing their hours of work and/or income by delivering personalised careers, employability and soft skills coaching, information, advice and guidance.
• To conduct employer engagement to identify full time, better paid and/or London Living Wage sustainable job opportunities for project participants.
• To conduct bi-weekly outreach at a jobcentre
• To check the eligibility of potential project participants with DWP
• To register eligible participants onto projects in line with funder requirements
• To assist participants in identifying their career goals and individual needs through meetings on-site, across a variety of community locations, Skype or video messaging and including out of hours working where necessary
• To deliver initial diagnostic assessment and personalised action planning
• To deliver 3 one to one coaching, information, advice and guidance sessions per participant on the Progress in Work project
• To deliver workshops that build participant confidence, soft skills, employability and their ability to progress in employment
• To support participants to find better work and/or increase their hours of work through improved CVs, cover letters, job applications and providing information on the local labour market including growth sectors.
Person Specification: Essential (IAG Level 3 desirable)
• Experience of providing in work support
• Experience of managing a caseload of participants, maintaining their motivation and delivering IAG
• Experience of employer and stakeholder engagement and relationship management
• Experience of working to targets and meeting deadlines
• Experience of organising and delivering outreach activities
Please send current CV to Suzanne@maze8.co.uk
To apply for this job please complete the following form: