Data & Insights Manager for Youth Work Charity
London / Hybrid plus some UK travel
Full time: 37.5 hrs
£45,900 p/a + great benefits package (including enhanced annual leave and NHS discounts)
Our client is looking for a highly experienced and driven Data Analyst to join their team of compassionate, collaborative, and courageous professionals, committed to empowering young people to change their lives.
To do this role well, you need to be excited about the role that data collection and analysis can play in the charity sector and have experience implementing new CRM systems. You need to be a skilled and imaginative data analyst, who understands the evidence behind impact, measurement, and improvement in social programmes. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and will enjoy motivating colleagues to understand and participate in monitoring and evaluation work
The role is based in the London Head office, but with hybrid working options and regular trips to their other sites within London, Birmingham, and Nottingham.
- Championing data driven approaches as we move into an era of demonstrating our impact for young people and funders. Within this remit you will be overhauling our approaches to data collection and management, including implementing Salesforce as our chosen data management system, and driving a culture change where data is used to improve our caseload management of young people, to evidence our impact and through generating insights around youth violence that help to shape policy.
- Lead on the maintenance and development of the data management systems and collection processes, ensuring that the correct systems and process are in place to enable us to collect high quality, consistent data across multiple services
- Provide expertise on the design of data and insight processes, systems and approaches for existing and new services
- Facilitate the use of data across the organisation so that we are better placed to make evidence-driven decisions on the future development of our services delivery and design
- Analyse and interpret trends in our data and communicate these effectively and clearly to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that we our able to optimize our impact measurement by aligning our data systems to the outcomes we are seeking to achieve and ultimately support our theory of change
- Ensure that the fundraising and business development teams have the high-quality data that they need for fundraising bids and reports, responding with creativity and flexibility
- Take responsibility for ensuring we comply with current data protection legislation, including GDPR and to liaise as required with the external Data Protection Officer. Manage our response to any Data Subject Access Requests from service users
- Lead, retain and develop the organisation’s data and insight team (currently 8 members of staff allocated across our projects, direct reports 3 members of staff) to enable them to effectively monitor our data and ensure it is accurate and up to date, to produce a wide range of monitoring reports for major funders and develop their capability in the field of impact assessment and evaluation
- Experience at the implementation of new CRM systems, including mapping and migration of data
- Substantial experience of data management in the charity sector
- Experience of developing monitoring and evaluation processes
- Experienced team manager
- Knowledge / awareness of safeguarding principles
- Able to work /travel across the uk sites as required
This role will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: