Data Officer (hybrid)
Temp – min. 3 months (potential for perm)
Full Time – 37.5hrs
£17.85 p/hr umbrella, (PAYE available)
Our client, a youth work charity, is looking for a highly experienced and driven Data Officer to join their team of compassionate, collaborative, and courageous professionals, committed to empowering young people to change their lives. The role is based in London and offers hybrid working options. You may occasionally be required to travel to visit teams working in London hospitals or at their other offices in Nottingham and Birmingham.
- Be the first point of contact for data and reporting queries from the Fundraising team and other colleagues, drafting high quality reports for funders including MOPAC and NHS England for signoff.
- Co-ordinate day-to-day data requests and, in conjunction with the Data Manager, develop and update relevant new ways of sharing data organisationally based on feedback from colleagues
- Facilitate greater understanding of data within the organisation by developing and delivering training and engagement
- Troubleshoot user issues and support maintenance of existing case management system and lead on data cleansing.
- Support development of replacement case management system, including discovery and development phases, data transfer and user acceptance
- Help to organise and, where needed, chair meetings including steering groups and other team meetings
- Support and assist external evaluation and research partners, liaising with them to provide relevant information and report on project progress and ensuring actions are completed
- Support with retention and disposal of data in line with GDPR
- Input into reviews of data collection tools with practitioners and implementation of recommendations
- Identify issues with data quality by supporting with dip sampling of service data
- Substantial experience as a data officer – collecting and analysing data, particularly large datasets
- Highly skilled in use of Excel and databases and quick to learn new systems
- Strong knowledge of GDPR and research programme methods
- Interest and enthusiasm for supporting and empowering young people to make positive choices in life
You must have a DBS within 12 months or on the update to apply.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: