Are you looking for a role working with heritage documents? Our client, a company providing document scanning and filming services is seeking Digital Heritage Material Controller for temporary positions.
This entry level position would give the right candidate experience of archiving and working with heritage documents.
- To accurately index and catalogue heritage material
- To correct previous scanning errors.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Checking previously scanned heritage documents
- Re-indexing and cataloguing incorrectly scanned heritage documents
- Selecting and sending incorrectly scanned images for rescanning
- Crosschecking heritage documents with associated scans
- Reporting to heritage scanning team leader
- Ensuring all heritage material is handled to the Conservation Managers guidelines.
The ideal candidate should have
- A keen eye for detail
- Patience, and an understanding of the requirements of handling and archiving heritage documents
A background in history, libraries or archiving would be advantageous.
Pay rate: £11.53 per hour PAYE
3-6 months of work
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Location: Central London
To apply for this job please complete the following form: