£23,330 – £30,440
Summary of the Post
To plan, co-ordinate, deliver, assess and review the learning activities associated with learners including preparation for end-point assessment and the monitoring of off the job training.
- To manage and monitor the progress of a caseload of learners, organise workplace assessment visits and provide a point of proactive and regular contact with employers.
- To interview and conduct a skills analysis and associated initial assessments as part of the recruitment process.
- To support learners to find work placements and develop links with employers to generate repeat business.
- To produce and monitor individual training plans for learners and contribute to their updating, encompassing all elements of the delivery programme.
- To conduct work based assessments and internal verification in line with Awarding Body requirements.
- To develop appropriate work based assessment materials to support skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- To plan, prepare and deliver in accordance with the curriculum needs.
- To provide appropriate, constructive and timely written feedback, in accordance with college policies, to prepare learners for their end-point assessment activities.
- To attend and participate in standardization and training activities to ensure a consistent approach.
- To ensure that all learners and employers receive appropriate training in the use of the organisational VLE platform.
- To carry out and support the compliance procedures and processes associated with the delivery of learners.
- To provide appropriate individual guidance and support to learners and refer to specialist agencies where appropriate e.g. additional learning support
Standard Duties in all College Job Descriptions
- Engage in the implementation of College Quality systems.
- Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Show a commitment to ensuring that children and young people learn in a safe environment.
- Ensure that all information is secured, used and maintained in line with internal and external standards including ensuring that confidential information is processed in line with the Data Protection Act and College policies
- Participate in relevant and appropriate training and development as required
- These duties may be amended from time to time by the line manager in consultation with the post holder.
Departmental Specific Duties
- Work with the curriculum Leader and classroom based delivery team to ensure that all aspects of the apprentices workload is being reviewed and managed on a regular basis.
- Complete all reviews in a timely manner to ensure that the department meets the overall college requirements.
- Complete all work and progress with learners using Onefile.
- Support the business development team to enable timely sign-up of learners.
The ideal candidate should have:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in an occupational area or Level 4 qualification in related field
- Assessor Awards D32/33 or A1/2
- Level 4 teaching qualification e.g. CTLLS (or willingness to work towards).
- Level 2/GCSE maths and English qualifications (C or above)
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a relevant discipline
- Understanding and experience of delivering apprenticeship programmes.
- Understanding and experience of compliance procedures.
Please note that this role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: