Education, Employment and Training (EET) Engagement Worker
Full time temporary ongoing
£13.63 per hour PAYE, £16.68 umbrella
DBS within 12 months or on the update service required
Main Purpose of the role
To facilitate a smooth transition of young people identified as likely to not participate in further learning post year 11 by:
• Building and maintaining positive relationships with those young people, being their advocate and champion
• Providing 1 -2 1 support and encouragement to help those young people during their transition into their intended destinations
• Monitoring their progress by providing them with appropriate support through an impartial service offering group or individuals IAG sessions
• Providing motivation, aspiration building self-confidence and resilience
• Working with other services to help them to remain in learning.
• To help contribute to the statutory tracking and reporting requirements to ensure All young people participate in learning post year 11 and support the delivery of a range of IAG for (young people) sessions within the local community.
• Provide effective Careers Information, Advice & Guidance in order to contribute to young people making a successful and sustained transition in to employment, education and or training post 16
• Provide high quality support advice and guidance on personal, social and health issues affecting young people to ensure they receive the appropriate support to help them secure a successful future transition into education training and employment.
• Hold a caseload of Year 11 pupils and actively respond to their assessed needs and abilities, agree action plans with the client, set personal goals, provide appropriate support to achieve their next steps and review progress and achievements
• Assist the young person to overcome barriers to progression by building an appropriate support network of relevant partners/ agencies around the young person to ensure positive future progression.
• Proactively refer/signpost young people to relevant specialist services should a need be identified
• Develop and implement multi-agency working to ensure close working relationships are developed with partners such as schools, colleges, youth offending service, social care, training providers and commissioned providers.
• To keep abreast of current understanding and knowledge about applicable post-16 Options.
• Qualified with Diploma in Careers Guidance parts 1 and 2; QCG and or NVQ Level 6 Careers Guidance
• Commitment to continuous professional development
• Evidence of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working, in partnership with relevant agencies such as Children’s Social Care, Youth Offending Services, Schools, Police, Voluntary Sector agencies and CAMHS in order to deliver holistic and integrated support services to vulnerable young people
• Extensive experience of giving advice and information to young people to help them move into positive EET destinations
• Experience of working with young people facing barriers to participating successfully in learning
Full JD and Person Spec available
Please send CV to Suzanne@maze8.co.uk