Part time (Between 10-30 hours per week)
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To deliver ESOL from pre entry up to Level 2
- To use innovative methods of delivery including digital ICT, within a contextualised and embedded context.
- To provide initial advice guidance and assessment for learners.
- To plan and deliver; high quality, appropriate and relevant learning activities.
- To participate in course development including design of training packages and to develop appropriate learning materials and resources.
- To ensure individual learner needs are identified and met, which includes undertaking: initial assessment, individual action planning, formative and summative assessments and recording of progress and achievement.
- To work with other colleagues to plan, develop and deliver learning programmes and materials.
- To comply with and support the implementation of service quality assurance standards, systems and procedures. Including observation of teaching, learning and assessment (OTLA).
- To deliver flexible learning programmes which are tailored to the learners’ needs.
- To contribute to the area of learning self-assessment review (SAR).
- To take part in professional development activities
- To carry out assessment procedures to evidence learning and attend associated moderation meetings.
- To contribute to the marketing of courses and learner engagement recruitment.
- To liaise with all other appropriate staff for the well running, planning and delivery of courses.
- To keep up to date with the current policies and practices of the Adult Learning Service
- To identify appropriate progression routes for learners to enhance employability /enterprise or wider social outcomes.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant teaching qualification
- Previous experience delivering ESOL
- An up to date enhanced DBS within 12 months or on the update service is essential for this role
To apply for this job please complete the following form: