Our client, an expanding fire alarm company in Huddersfield, is looking for a Fire Alarm Service Engineer to join its team of engineers providing fire alarm maintenance and servicing, as well as emergency light testing across the north of England.
Sites worked on are diverse, ranging from large industrial complexes, small to large commercial and retail premises, to recreational facilities. Overtime is available and the successful will be required to be placed on a paid call-out standby rota – currently 1 week in 4.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Servicing of fire alarm systems
- Design & Installation of new Fire Alarm Systems
- Testing of emergency lighting
- System fault finding and diagnosis
- On site repairs and accurate recommendations of rectifying repairs
- Reactive fault call attendance and resolution
- Call out standby rota (1 in 4).
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of a conventional and addressable systems
- Awareness of Gent systems
- Basic electrical knowledge relating to emergency lights
- Some knowledge of OV/smoke vent systems
- Some knowledge of aspiration systems
- Full driver’s licence.
- £15 per hour basic salary depending on experience
- £100 standby allowance
- Overtime is available.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: