FIRE ALARM SERVICE ENGINEER
TEMPORARY INITIALLY, LEADING TO A PERMANENT ROLE
Our client, an expanding fire alarm company in Huddersfield, is looking for a Fire Alarm Service Engineer to join its team of engineers providing fire alarm maintenance and servicing, as well as emergency light testing across the north of England.
This is a temporary role initially, leading to a permanent contract after successful completion of 13 weeks’ work.
Sites worked on are diverse, ranging from large industrial complexes, small to large commercial and retail premises, to recreational facilities. Overtime is available and the successful candidate will be placed on a paid call-out standby rota – currently 1 week in 4.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Servicing of fire alarm systems (sites range from large industrial complexes to small-large commercial and retail premises to recreational facilities)
- Testing of emergency lighting
- System fault finding and diagnosis
- On site repairs and accurate recommendations of rectifying repairs
- Reactive fault call attendance and resolution
- Call out standby rota (1 in 4)
The ideal candidate should have:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of a conventional and addressable systems
- Awareness of Gent systems
- Basic electrical knowledge relating to emergency lights
- Full drivers’ licence
- BAFE trained desirable
- Brief knowledge of AOV/smoke vent systems
- Brief knowledge of Aspiration systems
- £12.50-£15.00 p/h basic salary depending on experience
- Overtime is available and the applicant will be required to be placed on a paid call-out standby rota – currently 1 week in 4.
- Company Pension Scheme
To apply for this job please complete the following form: