FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TUTOR
£26,000 – £27,000 PER ANNUM
Our client are north London based NCFE/C.A.C.H.E., OCR, Highfield, OCN and Active IQ accredited learning provider, offering both funded and unfunded programmes of learning in Employability, Functional Skills English & Maths, Business & Management, Childcare, Adult Care and Sports & Fitness. They are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and experienced functional skills tutor.
Purpose of Role:
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of Functional Skills
Duties and responsibilities:
- Classroom based delivery of Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT up to Level 2
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans as well as contributing to the on-going creation and development of new and innovative training materials/resources.
- Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment.
- Contributing to the enrolment of new learners if required.
- Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales
- Keeping up to date with any awarding organisation changes and requirements
The ideal candidate should have:
- Achieved a fully endorsed teaching qualification such as a Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLLS or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Subject specialist qualification (Literacy, Numeracy or ESOL) and ability to deliver English, Maths and ICT up to Level 2.
- IT qualification desirable
- TAQA qualification desirable.
- Excellent understanding of how to effectively interpret a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Robust classroom management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Ofsted inspections desirable
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High standard of customer care
- Good organisational and administration skills
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please email current CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job please complete the following form: