Functional Skills Tutor (Wolverhampton)
Temp – ongoing
Hourly rate equivalent to an annual full time salary of £26,000
Our client a leading provider of Employability and skills delivery is looking to recruit an experienced Functional Skills Tutor to deliver a course for their Traineeship programme (16-24 year olds’)
Purpose of Role:
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of their Traineeship Programmes courses which consist of Functional Skills with elements of Maths, Business Admin and Employability (Work Skills) for 16 to 24 year olds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Classroom based delivery of Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT up to Level 2.
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans as well as contributing to the on-going creation and development of new and innovative training materials/resources.
- Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment.
- Achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
- Achieving minimum retention rate of 90% and success rate of 90% for accredited qualifications.
- Supporting the administration of the learning aims.
- Contributing to the enrolment of new learners if required.
- Attending curriculum working groups where necessary
- Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales.
- Keeping up to date with any awarding organisation changes and requirements
Background and experience:
- Achieved a fully endorsed teaching qualification such as a Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLLS or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Subject specialist qualification (Literacy, Numeracy or ESOL) and ability to deliver English, Maths and ICT up to Level 2.
- IT qualification desirable.
- TAQA qualification desirable.
- Excellent understanding of how to effectively interpret a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Ability and experience of working with 16 to 24 years old, challenging learners with a wide variety of barriers from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in delivering Employability (Customer service, Retail etc) and Functional Skills.
- Robust classroom management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Ofsted inspections desirable
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High standard of customer care
- Good organisational and administration skills
A DBS Dated within the last 12 months or on the update service will be essential for this role
To apply for this job please complete the following form: