Functional Skills Tutors
Temp / ongoing
Birmingham (corporate environment)
Hourly rate is equivalent to annual salary of £28k
Our client, a leading provider of Skills and Employability training, is looking for Functional Skills Tutors
Hourly rate equivalent to £28k
You will be responsible for the planning, resourcing and delivery of the English and maths Functional Skills as well as vocational subjects which may include employability skills, Business Administration and Customer Services. The Tutor will be a dynamic individual who is able to develop and maintain positive relationships with adult learners, while motivating them and maintaining standards of effort and conduct.
Duties and responsibilities
- Classroom based delivery of Functional Skills Maths and English.
- Planning for the achievement and retention of adult learners on programme.
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans as well as contributing to the on-going creation and development of new and innovative teaching materials/resources.
- Ensuring all delivery meets quality and performance standards set by the company.
- Achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
- Achieving minimum retention rate of 90% and success rate of 90% for accredited qualifications.
- Supporting the administration of the learning aims.
- Contributing to the enrolment of new learners if required.
- Attending curriculum working groups where necessary
- Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales.
- Keeping up to date with any awarding organisation changes and requirements
Background and experience
- Fully endorsed teaching qualification such as a Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLLS or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Subject specialist qualification
- IT qualification desirable.
- Excellent understanding of how to effectively interpret a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience delivery experience
- Robust classroom management skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Ofsted inspections desirable
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High standard of customer care
- Good organisational and administration skills
Ensure and protect the safeguarding of and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and follow the appropriate processes in place where concerns arise.
- Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) qualification in English and Maths
- Minimum teaching qualification – PTTLs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of working with Learners
- Confortable teaching in a ‘corporate environment’
You will need a DBS within 12 months or on the update service
To apply for this job please complete the following form: