HEAD OF DEPARTMENT – Enterprise and HE & Adult Healthcare
South London College
Full-Time / Permanent
Salary £42,661 – £44,896 per annum
Our client, a leading college group in London, is urgently seeking a permanent HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (Enterprise and HE & Adult Healthcare) to start ASAP.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a member of the School Management Team this post has collective responsibility for the implementation of the School Business and Improvement Plans, as well as, contributing to College Objectives and Improvement plans. The Section has a diverse curriculum section with programmes including Business, Esports, Travel & Tourism, Access to HE and HE Counselling. The teaching commitment is in the field of Esports and Business.
- Leadership, management and monitoring of programmes within the Section and the teams delivering these programmes ensuring that the success rates and value added performance improves towards outstanding.
- The recruitment, conduct and progress of all students on all programmes within this Section in line with College policies.
- Ensuring that all the Sections programmes meet the needs, standards and requirements of all partners, including, for example, awarding bodies, employers and higher education institutions.
- Performance management of the Section’s teaching staff in order to deliver outstanding teaching and learning with high standards of student guidance and support.
The challenge to achieve improvement in the student experience and outcomes through a clear range of strategies is the main priority. Having a clear strategy to support these is essential for the role. The role requires an energetic manager who also has the necessary attention to detail, and will be a role model for others in programme teams
- Degree or professional qualification in an area relevant to the work in the Section. e.g. Business, Esports, Travel & Tourism, Access to HE and HE Counselling
- Teaching qualification – non-qualified candidates must achieve a teaching qualification within five years
- Teacher-trained applicants must be able to show that they have participated recently in staff development to update their teaching skills and to remain abreast of current developments in teaching
- Excellent teaching skills and substantial relevant teaching experience
This post is subject to a DBS check.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: