Interim Head of Mental Health
£56,160 per annum
3-6 months with the opportunity to apply for a permanent role
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead the development of new projects and approaches to support people with mental health issues hand in hand with our current operational services
- To proactively scan the environment for gaps and opportunities to create new interventions to underpin recovery for people with mental health issues
- Convene and chair a Mental Health Project Team with colleagues from relevant departments to construct and shape new projects and influence policy
- To oversee three registered care homes in addition to a number of Mental health sites
- To act as a bridge between Hestia’s operational work with people with mental health issues and external opportunities which emerge from the policy and partnership environment
- To manage mental health focused operational teams to translate our work into key fundraising collateral, including cases for support, funding proposals, and case studies
- Support Business Development in high quality bid writing and applications related to mental health, in line with donor and organisational requirements; ensuring deadlines and reporting requirements are met
- To conduct regular management quality audits to support the delivery of quality services and to provide management reports to the Directorate Team and Board of Trustees, highlighting potential business risks, opportunities and strengths and addressing poor performance by identifying and implementing appropriate corrective action
- To lead on policy and procedure compliance throughout mental health operational services.
- To support direct reports to produce high quality and accurate performance information against contractual and organisational KPIs, achievement of business plan objectives, and monitoring information required by funders or commissioners.
- To create clear vision and direction for mental health service delivery through leadership and expertise to local service management and their staff teams, and as part of the wider management role within Hestia
- Ensure that direct reports have regular supervision, annual appraisals and that their learning and development needs are assessed and met.
- To participate in staff recruitment and selection process across mental health service
- To work with the Directorate Team and the Finance Department to set and manage an annual operational budget and ensure that income and expenditure are in line with projected figures and mitigate for any variance.
- To work in conjunction with direct reports to monitor expenditure on delegated budgets to ensure compliance with targets
- To have a rigorous and responsible financial management approach, ensure that all resources are utilised appropriately and participate in and provide information for Finance Meetings
SAFEGUARDING: Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people who are potentially at risk, and expect all staff and volunteers to do the same. All staff are required to undertake internal and external safeguarding training throughout their employment.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Significant previous experience in a mental health role
- A relevant mental health qualification
- Demonstrable line management experience
- An up to date DBS within 12 months or registered on the update service.
A full job description is available on request.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: