Post 16 Progression Adviser
London Local Authority
Part time 3 days per week
£20.10 PAYE, £26.61 umbrella
DBS within 12 months or on the update service required
- To deliver wraparound support to improve education, employment and training (EET) outcomes for young people of secondary school age up to the age of 18 (or 25 with LD/SEN) who are NEET or in vulnerable groups, including those who are attending Alternative Provision, New River College, and those who are, or have been subject to a youth offending order.
- To ensure that young people receive high quality, impartial information, advice and guidance, and develop appropriate pathways and plans to access EET.
- To ensure that young people’s progression in learning is recorded appropriately on all relevant systems efficiently in order to contribute to achieving the council’s targets and priorities.
- Work within an appropriate safeguarding framework and take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people at all times.
- Meet agreed targets to support the progression and retention in EET of young people on your allocated caseload.
- Deliver individual interventions and targeted follow up to support young people’s progression in EET, in the context of the role of the local authority and the requirement to meet agreed targets relating to EET outcomes.
Person Specification – Essential
- Substantial experience of working with vulnerable young people to place them into appropriate opportunities in learning (NEET intervention) or to ensure they have a place in learning to progress (NEET prevention)
- Careers qualification to a minimum of IAG Level 4
- Experience of tracking client’s progress in learning and of collecting and maintaining a range of client information in a statutory context.
- Experience of managing large caseloads of clients and ensuring an appropriate service is provided to each in order to remain in or access EET.
Full extensive JD and person spec available on request
Please email current CV to [email protected] for consideration, please note only applicants that meet the essential criteria will be contacted.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: