£39,880 – £42,821 per annum
Our client is a housing company in South Yorkshire, managing homes on behalf of a local authority. They are seeking to appoint a project manager to lead the management of the ESF (European Social Fund) programme and lead on project management in relation to infrastructure, material goods and resources for the project, ensuring successful gathering and delivery of all requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for project management, co-ordinating resources to ensure project delivered on time and within budget
- Ensure that project is effectively planned and managed within a formal programme and project management framework
- Provide professional advice and guidance in relation to project, ensuring that key milestones and information are communicated to internal and external stakeholders
- To be responsible for work allocation to a small multidisciplinary team
- Be responsible for monitoring risks and dealing with issues to ensure project is delivered
- Undertake performance management and complex data analysis and interpretation, promoting quality practice and service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement
- Identify, evaluate and implement processes, technology and systems to enhance project and service delivery
- To prepare and deliver reports and presentations
- To be responsible for the recruitment, training and management of a small team, including co-ordination of project teams not managed by the job holder
- To be responsible for monitoring project budgets
- Contribute to the development of service strategies, polices and plans
- Proactively liaise, negotiate, influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees, councillors and partnership agencies as required to ensure the effective delivery of projects.
- Keep abreast of wider developments to enhance the service accordingly, to satisfy internal and external demands
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, legal requirements, statutory requirements, standing orders and financial regulations of the Council
- To be responsible for the maintenance of both paper and computer files
- Contribute to and develop best practice within the team and service provision.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant programme or project management qualification
- Significant knowledge of all aspects of programme/project management including project planning, risk management, governance, value for money and benefits realisation
- Possess knowledge of partnership working practices and principles, alongside experience of working in a multiagency setting
- Have knowledge and understanding of large scale services
- Demonstrate experience of working with software applications including Microsoft office and bespoke databases
- Exhibit knowledge of the pressures facing local government
- Have previous experience of supervising, motivating and managing staff, with the ability to motivate individuals to maximise their performance
- Have experience of working on large complex change projects within a large organisation, including policy and procedure formulation and implementation
- Be experienced in budget management
- Ability to produce and present complex reports and data
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public using a suitable level of fluency in spoken English, in line with the English Language requirement for public sector workers.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: