Our client is a leading organisation delivering Personal Development and Career Management for Young People and Adults in the North West.
Skills & Development Advisers
Salary: up to £25,000
Location: Lancashire – particularly Preston, Blackpool, Fleetwood or Lytham St Annes
We have several opportunities for individuals with a background in Careers Information, Advice & Guidance to join our friendly and hard working teams. We would specifically be interested to hear from people with previous experience of providing Careers, Information, advice and Guidance to adults, particularly those who are long term unemployed.
The role will involve:
- Providing high quality diagnostic careers information and guidance work;
- Planning and delivering small and large group sessions to meet the needs of customers;
- Completing all relevant documentation to the required standard and within required timescales;
- Proactively managing own caseload, following up with customers to ensure advice given has made a difference.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE level C or equivalent);
- Ability to identify, establish and maintain effective working partnerships for the benefit of customers
- Ability to keep accurate and up to date records with a good attention to detail. This includes data entry on electronic systems.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment and a proactive approach to ensure targets are met.
- Have good interactive skills and the ability to respond to demanding pressures and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and proactive approach to problem solving
A minimum level 4 NVQ qualification in Careers Information, Advice & Guidance and experience of working in a target driven environment would be an advantage although not essential as training can be provided for the right candidate.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: