Skills Development Tutor
National (Home and Remote based) some travel across the UK required
Up to £31,000.00 per annum
To develop and deliver continually improved training to multiple funding streams to achieve outcomes for customers through the development of their knowledge, skills, behaviours & attitudes.
- Participate in open evenings, taster days, effective IAG and employer engagement activities to achieve personal targets and replenish individual and departmental study programme, adult, SSW and apprenticeship caseloads as applicable
- Account manage the client caseload to ensure we retain business, facilitate progression and secure new business.
Quality of educational provision
- Plan and design face to face and blended digital sequential curriculum to promote the attainment of retainable Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors (KSB) making reasonable adjustments to meet the individual needs of learners across a wide variety of provisions (including but not restricted to:
Apprenticeships, Adult learning, ESF and Study programme).
- Mark/assess students’ work, provide structured feedback and set and agree development objectives with all key stakeholders (learners, employers, parents etc) in line with company learning policies
- Use accurate vocational and personal developmental starting points of learners to set meaningful and collaborative targets ensuring that all stakeholders have committed to the learner journey and support learner progress.
- Ensure that you regularly review learner progress and achievement with the engagement of key stakeholders (learner/employers/parents) and set meaningful and stretching learning targets and ensuring personal KPI’s are achieved.
- Accurately track KSB progress of all learners and effectively risk band their timely progress and achievement using additional learner support funds and tools, where necessary, to ensure learners are not disadvantaged.
- Support/Drive the periodical review of stakeholder feedback impact tools to amplify the learner and employer voice to facilitate learner and employer led curriculum improvements.
- Ensure that you are fully acquainted with the requirements/content of learner commitment statements, initial diagnostics and end point assessment processes to safeguard learner achievement and ensure all stakeholders are engaged in the learner journey, attainment of KSB and take ownership of any EPA gateway sign off (latter apps only)
- Actively engage and take ownership of assigned self-assessment cycle and improvement responsibilities, supporting the attainment of key performance indicators such as retention, attendance, achievement, stakeholder satisfaction and positive destination outcomes.
- Undertake and log industrial and pedological continuing professional development.
- Support the team’s continual professional attainment and development through leading on and participating in a range of internal quality assurance activities such as observations, sampling, scrutiny of marked work, enhanced wider reviews and EQA activities.
- Manage the safe evacuation of students in the event of fire or other emergency, following agreed company procedures and ensure that health and safety procedures are always followed.
- Ensure that learners additional needs are reviewed, and safeguarding concerns proactively managed in line with company policy.
- Ensure risk assessments are in place and reviewed annually so that learners are safe.
- Number of delivery hours per week will varying depending upon caseload mix with time allocated for administration and preparation of between 0.5-1-day (FTE) pw as determined locally.
- Caseload – may be made up of a mix of apprenticeship, adult, ESF and study programme ranging from 55-90 learner’s dependent upon the mix of provision as agreed locally
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise workload effectively
- Effective Coaching
- Ability to create and conceptualise innovate and engaging learning materials
- Ability to use Microsoft office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and outlook to a competent level to enhance the learner journey
- Ability to use a variety of digital systems and eLearning platforms to direct and support learners.
- Previous vocational industry experience in specialist subject area
- Experience of teaching and learning quality standards especially OFSTED
- Experience within teaching, learning and assessment.
- Up to date knowledge of specialist subject area/professional qualifications as appropriate
- Have or are working towards a Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and procedures, including emergency evacuation.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: