SUBSTATION ELECTRICIAN (H.V)
£45,000-£50,000 PER ANNUM
Our client, a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland and the UK, are seeking to appoint a suitable qualified wireman in Ireland on a permanent basis for an immediate start.
The work undertaken will be across the Republic of Ireland, so the successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel, work away and drive.
- Installation of electrical infrastructure including AIS & GIS HV/LV switchgear, transformers, cables, control and protection, metering, light and power cabling and connection of mobile generators
- Erection of steelwork for all MV, HV equipment
- Delivery of installation works in accordance with project programme
- Provide input to Electrical Station Supervisor for project procurement requirements
- Delivery of substation installation works ensuring adherence with HSQE requirements, personal objectives and those of the wider installation team.
- Responsible to the Electrical Station Supervisor for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy
- Ensure installation works are in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the company’s activities are identified and that control systems are adhered to.
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving keys measures in relation to HSQE.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- Adherence to HSQE Briefs, safety documentation, uniforms and PPE relevant to substation installation tasks.
The ideal candidate should have:
- HV Electrical Experience in Brownfield substations.
- Experience working in both AIS and GIS Switchgear technologies
- Experience working in a live substation environment
- Valid driving license to drive in Ireland
Experience supervising a team in HV electrical substation works would be advantageous.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: