Technical Skills Coach & Trainer – Electrical Installation
Full Time – 37hrs p/w
£36k – £39k
A technical Skills Coach & Trainer in Electrical Installation is required to support a leading college group to fully prepare apprentices as they work towards the completion or their Gateway for End Point Assessment (EPA/AM2S) through high quality training and coaching.
The role will support and enhance the apprentice and employer experience through effective skills coaching and training and ensure timely completion of all apprenticeship standard elements including skills, knowledge training & behaviours, off the job hours, functional skills monitoring. This role will involve both delivery of the training and skills coaching in line with the Apprenticeship Standard.
Travel between the college campuses will form a requisite of this role.
Include but are not limited to the following…
- To make initial contact with the candidate and the employer including explaining the assessment process fully and maintain regular contact throughout the apprenticeship· Carry out an Induction which includes an initial assessment with the apprentice before commencing the programme and establishing the correct award and level to be undertaken. Agree realistic start and planned end dates.
- To train and coach a caseload of apprentices to meet the key skills, knowledge, behaviours and objectives, through planning and completing assessments for learners engaged in Apprenticeships for the Electrical standard.
- To train the all knowledge elements of the Apprenticeship standards in a classroom and workshop environment including 18th Edition and AM2s.
- To ensure all apprentices are being delivered quality training that is planned with structure and effectiveness through creating lesson planning and schemes of work reflective of the Apprenticeship standards, and required curriculum.
- To be part of the curriculum planning process for Apprenticeships.
- To follow the college lesson observation policies and ensure you meet the expectations of the college to providing apprentices with high quality teaching and coaching.
- To assess all components of the standards for a caseload of learners carrying out visits and formative assessments in the workplace or remotely in order to progress towards successful EPA gateway.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Level 3 or above in relevant vocational area, 18th Edition & AM2/AM2s
- A1 Assessor Award or equivalent.
- Experience of teaching and working with electrical apprentices.
- Recent experience and knowledge of the current apprenticeship standard
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS for this role.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: