Vocational Tutor (Biz Admin / CS)
Temp / ongoing
Sheffield City Centre
Hourly rate equivalent to annual salary of £28k
Our client, a leading provider of training and vocational packages for learners aged 16-24 is recruiting for an experienced Vocational Skills Tutor to join their team to assist learners who are currently unemployed and seeking to move either towards an Apprenticeship or to improve their vocational knowledge and confidence to move into full time employment. .
Purpose of Role:
This role will involve the planning, delivery and development of Study Programmes courses which consist of Business Administration, Customer Service and Functional Skills with elements of Employability (Work Skills) for 16 to 24 year olds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Classroom based delivery of Business Administration & Customer Service L2 and Work Skills, assessing learner portfolios.
- Classroom based delivery of Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT up to Level 2.
- Devising Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans as well as contributing to the on-going creation and development of new and innovative training materials/resources.
- Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment.
- Ensuring all delivery meets quality and performance standards set by the client
- Achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
- Contributing to the enrolment of new learners if required.
- Attending curriculum working groups where necessary
- Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Teaching qualification such as a Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLLS or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Subject specialist qualification (Literacy, Numeracy or ESOL) and ability to deliver English, Maths and ICT up to Level 2.
- IT qualification desirable.
- TAQA qualification desirable.
- Ability and experience of working with 16 to 24 years old, challenging learners with a wide variety of barriers from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in delivering Business Admin, Retail Employability and Functional Skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Ofsted inspections desirable
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organisational and administration skills
You will need a DBS within 12 months or on the update to apply.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: