Hours: Sessional evenings and/or Part-time (20hrs)
Rate: hourly rate equivalent to £24,027 (FTE)
Areas available: Central Beds, South Milton Keynes, North Herts. East Bucks
Our client, a charity supporting poverty and environmental challenges in local communities has vacancies for a number of experienced of Youth Workers across the Bedfordshire / Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire areas. The role will involve working alongside Trust staff to engage young people in positive and educational projects within youth clubs, schools and detached programmes
- Assist the delivery of youth sessions within a formal youth centre, online and out in the community delivering an innovative, high quality range of activities and support to young people considering their individual needs.
- Encourage and enable young people to participate in a range of opportunities and to support them in their personal and social development
- Contribute to the development of opportunities for youth participation by involving young people in decision-making processes whereby individuals and groups take on responsibilities for themselves and others in their project and the wider community.
- Ensure compliance with Trust policies, and with insurance and statutory requirements, particularly health and safety, the Children Act 1989 and equal opportunities.
- Attend occasional team meetings and regular supervision with line manager.
- Undertake training and development as agreed with line manager.
- Be a positive force within the staff team taking personal responsibility for ensuring good morale and positive work relations.
- experience working with young people
- interest and understanding of local community and environmental issues
- A valid driving licence
- First aid training certificate
- JNC youth work
You will require a DBS on the update or within 12 months in order to apply.
To apply for this job please complete the following form: