Our client, a local authority in Bedfordshire, is seeking a qualified Youth Worker to join their Teenage Advice Centre on either a full or part time basis, initially for 3 months.
You will need a DBS on the update service or within 12 months in order to apply
Hourly rate equivalent to an annual salary of £27,905 – £30,507 pro rata
To lead in the development and delivery of the work of the Teenage Advice and Teenage Information Centre on behalf of the Town Council as instructed by the Centre Manager.
Develop and take responsibility for Youth Projects as instructed by the Centre Manager.
To support the coordination, development and delivery of good quality youth work and targeted youth support work providing information, advice and guidance within TACTIC and other venues across the town, as required. To build, develop and maintain contact with young people and encourage their participation in the Centres programme.
To support the participation of young people in the development, project management and evaluation of youth work and targeted youth support.
To achieve better outcomes for young people through the delivery of the Town Councils vision and corporate aims
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, develop, deliver, lead and maintain a range of good quality youth work programmes for young people within TACTIC whilst keeping to an agreed budget. This should include, although not exclusively
• Ensure that young people who are disaffected and disadvantaged are engaged and their needs are identified, and the programme reflects targeting of those needs.
• The delivery of a safe, responsive, challenging and quality youth work programme based on identified issues, local and national initiatives along with areas that impact on young people’s lives. This will include promoting and creating opportunities for accredited learning, positive activities, cultural diversity, active citizenship and health and wellbeing.
• Ensure that youth work programs are delivered in a planned, systematic and co-ordinated approach; this should include developing an appropriate and adequate planning culture within the centre/area as well as contribution to Town Council Strategic Objectives. Ensure the promotion and publicity of the activities and programmes to the wider community as well as to the regular users of the centre.
• Develop and take responsibility for specific youth projects, as agreed, and continuing activities aimed at fostering the personal and social development of young people, through active participation.
• Liaise and work collaboratively with a range of agencies including the Town Council, Voluntary Sector, Schools, Police and Health Authority to ensure a holistic approach of the centres delivery to young people and further promotion of the involvement of other agencies at Tactic.
• Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the centre in conjunction with the Centre Manager or their Line Manager in their absence and to build, promote, develop and maintain contact with young people and Volunteers.
• To take responsibility for the Health & Safety and Safeguarding of young people for whom the service is provided; for the safeguarding of premises, furnishings, and equipment used, and for the collection and recording of monies received in accordance with guidelines and instructions. Give due care to the protection of young people from harm in line with Child Protection Policies and guidelines.
• To be responsible for maintaining statistical records/data, stock keeping, ordering of equipment and any other resources identified by the Centre Manager. Maintain timely and accurate confidential records, preparing regular reports and undertake the administrative tasks required to ensure the smooth functioning and management of TACTIC. Offer support, information, advice, IT assistance and advocacy to clients, colleagues or groups, as required.
• Participate in training relevant to the post and/or identified by the centre manager and attend staff meetings as required
• JNC recognised qualification or NVQ Level 4 equivalent and, demonstrable relevant experience and competence
• Demonstrable experience of working in a statutory and or voluntary youth work setting with young people aged 12 – 21yrs
• Demonstrable experience of supporting young people who are disaffected, underachieving and or have social/emotional barriers to learning
• Experience of Youth Project work
• Demonstrable knowledge of Health & Safety including Child Protection issues and how it relates to young people, children and staff within the work area
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the core principals of Youth Work
• Awareness and ability to identify and challenge discrimination and discriminatory behaviour and its impact taking appropriate action as necessary. Knowledge and application of equal opportunity policies and practice
• Understanding of Data Protection and of Health and Safety in the Work Place
Please email CV to Suzanne@maze8.co.uk
To apply for this job please complete the following form: